Join the world's largest organization of scouting cats and be purrpared for the biggest adventure of your lives!
What is Cat Scouts?
Cat Scouts advance through the ranks and attain badges based on merit for activities like camping, friendship, physical prowess, going to the vet and more. They learn teamwork and Cat Scoutcraft through swell activities within their troops and patrols.
Real Cat Scouts take care to wear their uniforms whenever they’re engaged in Cat Scout activities. Here’s the boycat uniform:
And here’s the girlcat uniform:
Click either photo for a higher res version. You’ll need to paste your own head on. There is not yet a merit badge for head pasting.
If you’re still a kitten, your Kit Scout uniforms are here.
Email the Denmaster if you have any problems or questions!
You must be at least one year old to become a Cat Scout. If you’re not old enough yet, you can become a Kit Scout, so long as you don’t pester the older scouts and engage in shenanigans. You will be able to get ready for all the fun activities that await you so you’ll be purrpared for the moment you turn one year old.
Girlcats can become Cat Scouts, too, but they are required to sell treats on a card table in front of the supermarket to raise money to fund Cat Scout activities.
Are You Ready to Join Cat Scouts?
Do you want to get in on all the fun and excitement that Cat Scouts have? It’s Free Free Free! Click here or on the Sign Up link in the main menu .
Then, the fun begins! You’ll get your Tenderpaw Patch and you can start working on your first merit badge right away. You are about to embark on the adventure of your lives. Click the Groups ‘n’ Troops link in the top menu to meet all of your fellow Cat Scouts.
Free Membership Cards
And don’t forget to order your FREE Cat Scouts Membership card! We will mail them anywhere on Planet Earth — even to the U.K! Even further than that if you provide the correct postal planetary code. Once you’re a member, send a message to @denmaster with your postal address.
Cat Scout Handbook!
If you’re serious about advancing through the Cat Scout ranks, you’ll need The Cat Scout Handbook. Fill out the form below to be notified when it’s available:
Cat Scout Updates
- Sign up for Mar 22/23 Quest and WIN BIG!
- Concatulate the Latest Cat Scout of the Week!
- Join us in Congratulating this Month’s Cat Scout of the Month!
- Second Service Project: Act Soon and Get 75 Karma Points!
- Bullies Not Welcome!
- Merit Badge: Laserbeam Eyes
- Cardwood Derby Featured in #Cat Magazine!
- Super-Secret Semaphore Phlag Phun
- Merit Badge: Space Explorer
- Master Morse Code
- How to be a Boogie Woogie Bugle Boycat (or Girlcat)
- Merit Badge: Let it Snow
- Cat Scout of the Week is a Dynamo!
- Patrols: Changes around the Bend
- Cat Scout of the Week (for Last Week)
- And the Cat Scout of the Month is…
- Send a Card, Get 50 Karma Points + Pawsible 100 Pt Bonus!
- Reminder: Nick’s Memorial Service SAT Morning 1pm ET/10am PST
- Remember Scout Nick with Feline Cancer Research
- Merit Badge: Yoga
- Farewell, Sweet Nick
- Enjoy the Superbowl: Cat Scouts Style!
- Meet the Cat Scouts Staff
- Merit Badge: Ninja Moves
- Cat Scout of the Week is….
- Off on the Quest!
- Solar S’mores ?!?
- From the Archive: Cat Scout Patrols of Old
- Patrol Quest Update
- The Cat Scout of the Week is…
- More on Patrols….
- Raise a Glass of Nip Nog to the Cat Scouts of the Year!
- Expect Delays….
- The Cat Scout of the Week is….
- Starting Your Patrols
- Merit Badge: Boxing
- The Night before Christmas… Cat Scout Style.
- GIVEAWAY: $50 in $5 off Coupons for Tidy Cats!
- Cat Scout of the Week: Scout Allie!
- Merit Badge: Gift Wrapping
This Could be You!
Getting started in Cat Scouts is easy. Just email Cat Scouts requesting membership. Tell us what you want as a username. If you pass muster, we'll get you set up.
How to Log InTo Log In, click the Log In link in the top left-hand corner: Once you're logged in, you can manage your account from the menu in the top right corner: You can add a photo by clicking the profile link in the top-right menu. Click the "Change Avatar" link (see below) to add or change your photo. (NEW! You can also change your profile background wallpaper!) Use the menu in your profile to join groups and add friends.
How to Earn Merit BadgesClick the "Groups and Troops" link in the main menu to earn your merit badges. Each badge has its own group. (New badges are announced all the time in the Cat Scout News.) Join the group and post a photo or video of you demonstrating mastery of the skills for that merit badge!
Cat Scouts Information BoothWhether you're new to Cat Scouts or a veteran, we welcome you to drop by the Cat Scouts Information Booth, located under Groups 'n' Troops.
An attentive Cat Scout is almost always on duty at the booth, ready to answer any question you might have. And, there are lots of answers to frequently-asked questions posted. This is also where we'll make announcements.
It's a great place to start when you first join Cat Scouts, but also a way for long-time Cat Scouts to discover new and exciting aspects of Cat Scouting.
A closer look reveals more of what the info booth has to offer. In addition to the attentive on-duty Cat Scout, there's info on the next Cat Scout Jamboree, an event no Cat Scout will want to miss.
Hooliganism is prohibited around the booth.